View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Camaro5 Fest III Cruise PICS and VIDEO here.

I've been asked a few times over the last couple days on whether or not a cruise is going to take place this year. We've been doing everything possible to try to make this work.

I've been in touch with the Indianapolis PD traffic unit and they are going to try everything they can to help us out. I meet with them on Wed and final details will be put together then.

As of right now, due to the very high volume of cars that will potentially be attending the cruise, it looks like we are going to have to stick to open road....no intersections...and that means doing the loop around the city. Otherwise, I can tell you all right now, a cruise would never happen. ....not with upwards of 500 cars. We'd be looking at closing intersections from the host hotel to the entrance to the highway and then we'd all funnel ourselves into the main lanes. Intersections would be closed on the way back as well.

The cruise is scheduled as an opener, as it was during our first Fest. It will take place on Thursday night at 1830 hours leaving the host hotel and ending at the host hotel. Approximate distance is 55 miles....around an hour drive time. This is comparable to Valdosta in drive time, but just a tad bit faster.

Needless to say, TRAFFIC LAW APPLIES AND YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS.

These are NOT closed roads. There will be no goofing off during the cruise. There will be no burnouts, no racing, no impeding traffic, no slaloming on the highway....nada. If you decide to try to be Mr. Billy Badass and the uniformed officers assisting us see you, expect to be dealt with. Warning...has been given.

Again, the same rules and laws that you drive by every single day apply.

If you can't follow those simple requests, it's with a sad heart that we say, "we'd rather you stay behind at the hotels with the others who wish not to participate."

For all others who wish to be a part of something incredibly MASSIVE, we can't wait to see you Thursday night!

Again, the cruise is dependent upon Indy PD, but will most likely happen.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote