View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 08:06 PM   #80
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter82 View Post
Dude...i LOVE your car! i'm getting a 2LT with the GE but i'm doing red racing stripes!

but i DO agree you should have gone down the entire car, kinda looks likes "unfinished" to me, but YES do some green lettering on the back side.. THAT would look hot! OR get some carpet floors (not sure if you got those) and take them to a custom shop and they will put green stiching on them...i've been customizing cars for the last 7yrs import and domestic...and i DO agree thoes ARENT the 'stang stripes...let people believe what they want but its YOUR car and YOUR money do what you like. I tell people if you dont like it that much then give me the money to change or shut up!...they usually take the 2nd choice..lol
the stripes do wrap all the way around the car, only to the ground effects though..i thought long and hard about doing the ground effects too but i wanted them to stand out cause they make the car look soo different..we actually painted the gfx and it just took too much away from the curves that the ground effects gave the car so we went back to black..on the front and only the front the guy thought a small piece on the front was the gfx but it wasnt thats why the front looks like it dont wrap.but hes fixing it as we speak as well as applying a ton of clear coat to make it pop..but about the whole doing stang stripes in his sleep. i personally know the guy..he is 100% camaro. he has a fourth gen that i guarantee will destroy just about any car on the strip. he has invested over 10k or more in just suping the car up. the one and only reason i took my car to this guy despite a ton of other people who could have done it better, is that he is 100% camaro and would respect it more than any of car hes ever done..the reason my stripes are smaller is cause they arent stripes..you guys can have you "camaro" stripes and look exactly like every other new camaro out there with your 300 dollar racing stripes..those stripes werent picked out of a magazne or a dealers book. I MYSELF PERSONALLY gave the guy exact demensions on how i wanted the stripes to look..Now i did want the stripes to start small and grow with the hood scoop. BUt after he taped it off and showed me what they would look like the original way it just didnt look right with the stripes wraping the way they did.they would have been smaller on the front wrap and way larger on the back making the stripes look warped..and seeing it taped off it completely made the hood scoop invisible. Now with the cheap vinyl stripes that dont wrap the entire car they start on the hood and the scoop looks fine.but with a 2500 dollar paint job the scoop disappeared under the sparkling green. i didnt want my car to look, at a distance like it didnt have a hood scoop so i asked him to bring them in some..and by doing so it made the hood scoop stand out even more than it did without stripes..and its exactly how i wanted it..ive seen tons more camaro with these exact stripes than mustangs..ive seen more mustangs with the camaro "hockey" stripes and those block boxes on the hood and trunk..but every one of you guys that get a solid black racing hood will get a "ricer" and a "mustang hood" comment from me. cause almost every foreign car and new mustang i see has a black hood. so im waiting. but im not stupid enough to label two stripes on a car with a word???who has enough time to think of this stuff anyway???LOL..im too busy driving my car and talking to people about it than to sit around talking trash about someones lines on their car..LOL..i feel sorry for you guys.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote