View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 09:58 AM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
My car is a mid year 2011 production vehicle. The TR6060 came from the factory with carbon fiber blocker rings so I'm spared the 2nd gear grind issue. I still have notchy gears like everyone else but I can live with that.

The issue I have is that every so often when I shift from 2nd to 3rd under high RPM, it feels like I hit a brick wall when trying to go into 3rd. There is no grind and I can go into any other gear (4th,5th, or 6th) except 3rd until the RPMs come back down.

I cannot reproduce this for the dealer because I can shift at 5,800 RPM all day and it will never happen and then a week later while getting on a highway ramp, POW, brick wall going from 2nd to 3rd. I have tried all different steps but there truly is no pattern at all to this. Because it happens maybe once every 60 days, I can't leave the car at the dealer for them to test drive it to make the condition happen.

I went to a few speed shops in the area and all 3 have told me the same thing. This is a known design flaw issue with these transmissions. It happens on the Challengers and Mustangs as well but not the Viper. They say that the TR6060 in the Viper is a different beast and is built correctly. They went on to say that even if I convince the dealer to replace all the syncros, the issue will still be there.

Hearing the above, the only true fix is to get the trans rebuilt with some serious parts upgrades. This of course is a few thousand dollars and I truly don't feel I should have to resort to this to just be able to drive the car the way it was intended to be driven.

How many others are running into this problem? Has anyone gotten this issue resolved at the dealer?

Thanks for any help in advance.
I do apologize for your frustration. If you would like, you can private message me your name, VIN, address, best number to contact, and involved dealership. I will be more than happy to look into your concern further.

Thank you,

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote