View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 05:41 PM   #354
gm2376

Drives: 2010 Black 2ss Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
It’s situations like this that made me do mods while the 5th gen was still ‘hot’. I bought my car in ‘14 and was very concerned this might happen (having lived through previous gen 1 scarcity). I decided to mod a couple of months after I bought the car, and I’m glad I did.

Business is business and profits are king - Supply and demand. If I were a 6th gen owner and planned to mod, I’d be stocking up or, start modding while the 6th gen is still viable.

FWIW, I wanted a ‘spare’ unit from Hurst. I, however, do understand the business reasons since they were ‘bought out’. Sucks, but the way it is. 5th gen is not as relevant - which is why I stocked up on a few hard to get items...

-Don
How is the 5th gen not relavant? There are a half a million out there. Because they are not making the conp stick, has nothing to do with genration relevancy. This is a niche item for a small group of buyers. Manufactures are still producing as many parts for the 5th aa they are the 6th, and will most likely make more margin on the 5th.
ZL1 10 spokes,Dart 388,ECS Supercharger 2200x, E85 Flex Fuel sensor, Dart 388 , B&M Tranny Cooler, Vigilante 4000 Triple Disc TC,Katech Ported Heads, Texas Speed Sheet Metal Intake, ECS Big Blower Cam,ID 1700s, Fore Triple Pumps, E85,ATI Super Dampner, KW V3 Coilovers, Pfadt front and rear sway bars,Pfadt Trailing arms and toe rods,ZL1 Rear Diff, RPM 6l90e level 10 Tranny, SW Long Tubes no cats,Nick Williams Boosted 102mm TB, Dr Phil Tune,Borla Atak
gm2376 is offline   Reply With Quote