Thread: Team 1LE
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 04:16 PM   #260
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exigent View Post
No, I'm also on a Chumpcar team so I would only track it a few weekends a year. That's why it is appealing to me, seems like a 1LE would be a good street/limited track car. Plus I love a V8 !
Compared to what you have been driving, I think you'll find it feels heavy and has too much understeer. Compared to what you have been driving it will be a steal too

With some mods, a 1LE leaves a wide range of cars looking at Chevy tail lights. Here is what I would do with a 1LE.

1. Permagrin Package, 32mm rear sway, sub-frame and radius bushes.
2. Oil Cooler, a Fluidyne with -12 lines.
3. SRF Brake Fluid
4. Cobalt Friction Pads XR1 up front and XR3 in the rear.
5. Front Brake Ducts
6. Five Point Harness and a Hoop with a Removable Cross Bar

These six steps transform the 1LE from a very good daily driver / HPDE car to a very good daily driver and very good track car. If you want to run at the front of the pack we do just a bit more.

7. Heads, Cam Headers, we want 500 RWHP, but no more than 650.
8. Supercars and a handful of rear bushings.
9. AccuSump for some engine protection.
10. Differential Upgrade / Swap. We go to the ZL1 differential because it is stronger in case and in function. It will put power down in the tuns, better than the 1LE. It also is designed for a cooler, but you'll plumb your to a rear mounted cooler (no extra weight up front). We want the 1LE gears so that means we swap between the two units. There is a bit more involved, but you get the idea.

With these 10 upgrades, and driving skills to match the first event you should attend is your Porsche club track day . Let them over you Chevy... if they can get close enough.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote