View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 07:06 AM   #79
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims Mongoose View Post
I'm sure you guys realize that this is like a soap opera, with all the trappings of characters that show their dark side and then become redeemed, the antagonists, the protagonists.
I guess all I am saying is that enjoy the cars. I'm sure most of you that really know your stuff pick up more information than I do about what they are running etc.

It's created drama, and I for one just enjoy the cars. They all play a role and as long as they have the races, staged or not I love it.

I am so sick of the NHRA and their big money teams that are nothing like the everyday racer, and the classes that you run and break out and lose because you ran too fast. Seriously what happened to drag racing?

This show also inspired the no prep kings and run what you brung events that went along with these show.

I guess I just enjoy the cars.

Jim
There are still classes where you run straight up. Bracket racing allows the everyday Joe to compete, so you seem to be at odds with your own statement. Pure straight up will always favor the guy with more money. As for the Pro classes like Funny Car & Pro Stock there have been guys not in million dollar teams, but as expected they aren’t as competitive.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote