View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 09:37 AM   #2
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsimms89 View Post
Hey everybody, my 2012 convertible has always had a little rubbing on the top which I know was addressed with a redesign if people had the top changed(I didn't) now recently my convertible has been kicked out of the garage to make room for a '69 I just bought until i finish some construction work and I've started getting water in the drivers side rear floor. From what I've read this seems to either need a new water management bag or the drain tube is kinked. How much does this fix typically cost at a dealer, and would I be better off going to a dealer or a good body shop? My body shop does full repairs of pretty much totaled vehicles but I'm not sure whether it would be better going straight to the dealer for this. Whats everyone's recommendations and how much has this repair cost everyone in the past?
Mine sat outside for 5 years 24/7 never got water inside the floorboard but you need to be aware that in the fall and winter and early spring when you have rain or snow and temperature changes you can develop heavy condensation on the inside because the water bag never fully drains, especially if it is not parked level or if your drain tubes are partially plugged, Sometimes I would have water dripping from the windshield header panel it was so bad.
I eventually got a waterproof car cover that took care of water getting in while parked.
Hope that helps.