View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 10:46 AM   #7
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsimms89 View Post
Well to get back to the point of the water management system leaking into the floor pan. The drains aren't plugged or clogged. My body shop suggested a convertible top repair place nearby, I spoke to them they only really do the tops and on't know much about the drainage bags. I went to my dealer, they said its usually around $1,800 to replace the water management bags, and I am waiting on a price to also get a new corded top to prevent the rubbing issues that my original tops has also been having.

Dealer said it was out of warranty so nothing they could do, I called chevy customer service they basically said yes its a known issue, new water management bags were issued in a TSB, and a new corded top was issued in a TSB but since it is outside the warranty period I have to pay for it out of pocket. I am very disappointed in GM for this, they admit it is due to a design problem but will not give anything towards correcting it.
Well, I would call GM back and ask for some financial assistance. Just because you didn't catch it or are the second owner should in no way penalize you. They KNEW it was an issue. Stress this. Are you a past GM buyer? If so, it helps to stress this as well. Tell them you AND YOUR FAMILY will continue to be loyal GM buyers IF they help meet you halfway with this repair. This goes a long way to having them help you when they factor in that your wife, sons, daughters, brothers, cousins, etc., will be told of this "treatment" by GM. They could potentially lose quite a lot of car sales through negative word of mouth bashing. Tell them this as well.

If all fails, then you must determine if the car is worth it to you to put in $1800. And, if you do, pick a dealer that has performed this task before. Don't be the one that they experiment on. I had mine done and the dealer did it right. They took their time. I bought mine used, but I had the 90 day lemon law working for me so all was covered.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote