View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 06:16 PM   #12
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsimms89 View Post
Haven't been to the dealer since I bought the car, I do all my own maintenance. I stressed all that on the phone with GM I own a 2012 Camaro, a 69 Camaro, have owned numerous other chevys in the past (my 2014 Raptor is the only non chevy vehicle I've owned) and race a 2017 COPO in Stock eliminator which represents Chevy performance. They still said since it wasn't under warranty even though it was a known issue it isn't covered. They said all they could do is note that I've had this problem and that if chevy decides there have been enough people with this problem they could decide to reimburse owners in the future I will be included (im not holding my breath for that one). I tried messaging the GM rep account on this board but in their account it says last post was on 10/10/2017 and last activity was 4/21/2018 so I don't think the account is still being monitored. I mean I don't want to spend all that on it, it'd be great if chevy would step up and do the right thing and reimburse me at least some for the repairs, because I plan on keeping this car so I am going to get it fixed right, but I'm very disappointed in Chevy's handling of a known issue that was caused due to a faulty design
Well, not visiting the dealer since you bought the car is/was the kiss of death. Basically, what your saying is that you don't support the dealer for things like oil changes, brakes, etc., but now you want GM/Dealer to support you. What they are thinking is since you did all your own work then, why not continue and do your own work now? Harsh, I know, but true. When I had a transmission go early on a GM car that was beyond warranty, first thing GM reps did was look at my service record at the dealership where I bought the car. Thank goodness I had brought it back there for a few things, because my "loyalty" was the reason they went ahead and covered the transmission repair. I understand you doing your own work, but you can't expect the dealer to step in for you now. They make most of their money from the service end, not from actually selling the new car.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote