View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 12:53 AM   #13
1LE_L1FE

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
> i tested the rotofab against a modified stock air box 10 different ways from sunday and saw 0 gains. id guess i'm the only person here who will argue that point.

Nah, I've seen some people here who know their stuff be hardline supporters, but I also read this thread after making my posts:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=472259

Seems like BEST case scenario is 6 HP, and no gain shy of 4,400 RPM. Not great for $470 or whatever new.

> the tune thing is touchy. hptuners will scan and log basically any car with an obd2 port. ive been using hpt off and on since 2005. i use it for a lot more than just camaro things. im familiar with gm gen 3 & 4 tuning, not gen 5. i have friends big into it but since i have such a good tuner close, i opted to have him do it. if i were in your shoes i would buy hpt and if possible get pray to remote tune it. cheapest entry in the long run and he's good at what he does.

I'm a hobby computer/programming nerd. I'm probably not doing anything for a few months, maybe I'll read up on this and try my hand. And that's good to know about the dyno, I had just assumed dyno time was required for the tuning process.

> I asked them to do a baseline dyno (which would just be with the rotofab that is already on car) and I am pretty sure they will dyno on 93 and then again on E85. If they do, I will have clear results to view how much HP the full exhaust added and then how much E85 added on top of that. I can share those once I have them which I hope will be around May 10th. Though if this exhaust doesn't come in soon I will have to push that out. I had no idea it took this long to get exhaust.

That would be great! Looking forward to it. Sucks you've had to wait so long on parts.

> Lastly, I don't think it's fair to say exhaust adds no power. I've looked through dozens of threads, and I find people post anywhere from 10-25whp gains.

Oh if you're willing to go catless, definitely. I'd just prefer to keep the cats. I meant that I hadn't seen much from catback changes alone - if you're willing to chop them out that's obviously a meaningful restriction gone.

> Nothing against Pray's tunes but I hate to see people pay $600 plus when you can get an equal (or better) tune for half that from the same guy Brett goes to when he needs help.

And who would that be? I'm very new to this world, I'd gotten the impression Pray was the go-to guy.
1LE_L1FE is offline   Reply With Quote