View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 06:14 PM   #6
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
It's the continuing saga of me hooking a sub up to the camaro. I settled for using a line converter to get pre-amp outputs, now I have a major snag.

There's got to be some wire I can piggyback onto in the trunk that has 12v only when powered on. Me and my brother messed with it tonight as much as we could tolerate, I even took out the BA amp and volt tested all of the harness hookups, it somehow doesn't use an accessory hookup, only power, and it was on even when the car was off.

So I need some solution that doesn't require tearing the dash apart and preferrably where the only wiring is in the trunk.

Someone help?

As far as I know, if you have the Boston Acoustics package, you can just tap off the white 12v amp turn on wire that connects to the hidden amp in the trunk. The wire is connected to your ignition terminals which allows a full 12v to pass through.

Its in the wire manual so dont quote me on this as I dont have the car yet to prove it. I'm almost 100% positive on this after reading that wire guide thou. I hope this helps.

And please please let me know how it works out for you since I'll be doing the exact same thing and I'd rather do this than having to make a switch and run a line off the battery. I really dont feel like running a cord all the way from the back to under the dash were I would mount a switch then back again.

Shaun

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote