View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 01:35 PM   #9
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
Here's my experience:
Started stock (of course), went with Pedders Xa's and Solution B sway bars. Very noticeable ride and performance improvement--no noises. Put 50K+ miles on them and wanted something different. The Pedders never leaked, but there was some rust on the springs. Didn't affect performance and you couldn't see the rust unless you put the car on a lift. But I'm OCD about my car so...

Switched to Ridetech. Great performance and quality materials and construction. But...a lot of noise--clunks, rattles, etc. Ridetechs are noisy because there is NO rubber in any of the attachment points. Makes for great performance, but noisy. Couldn't live with the noise on a DD so...

Went with BMR 1" lowering springs and 1LE struts and shocks. Much quieter and solid feeling with performance almost as good as the Ridetechs. The BMR springs give me the same stance as the Xa's and Ridtechs. I think my current ride quality is only slightly more stiff than the stock springs, but I really like how the car feels more solid and connected--and quiet. I realize a lot of my performance comes from the Pfadt sway bars, with the ZL1 rear LCA and outboard sway bar mounts, but my car now feels like a single, connected machine, not just a chassis set on top of some springs.