View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 08:50 PM   #14
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by naga View Post
the thing is that I do not see much of a difference with a diablo stock tune and i did not know that I could get a custom tune done for my diablo kit!!! I also would like to know whether is it ok to do a custom tune with the mods that I have (current mods ATAK exhaust, K&N CAI). would love to know if its ok to get a custom tune and where & how can i get it done??? please!!!
You can get a custom tune any time you want, but you've already spent money for a good tune that is about as good as it gets for your car now. Contact Monte or Jannetty Racing and they can send you one through e-mail. I have a Jannetty Tune on mine right now...

You're also not going to notice it in the seat of your pants but you should see improved gas mileage and track times etc. If you have an Auto, the Trans Tune is where you will really feel the difference. Diablo is supposed to have that part complete sometime in the next couple of years.

Also, you have already technically blown your drivetrain warranty... a tune is a tune. I doubt you will have problems though just want to be clear on that. Your original tune is always saved in the Diablo so you can restore, but whether the dealer actually checks to see if it's been tuned before is another story.