Thread: vs 2018 Mustang
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 08:12 AM   #2483
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
So I'll ask again, what indicates to you that the Coyote has any more room for increased HP than the LT1? Everything you said about the LT1 can be said about the Coyote. How much further do you think Ford can push 5 liters reliably, safely, and without affecting emissions? What technology is left for Ford to exploit that will give them more power. I mean, since you're making it sound like the 5 liter DOHC has unlimited potential while the LT1 is at it's max output. That extra 5 or 10 HP in the Coyote must really mean they're just worlds ahead. So since you're the engineering expert here, tell us what Ford is going to do and just how bad GM is struggling to keep up.
Im talking DOHC. Not the Coyote. The Coyote has little more than the Bullitt 5.0L. The Coyote is limited in bore size. Intake, cam specs, VVT/tune and exhaust are about it for THAT engine. Compression is pretty much there. I can say that Ford tends to leave a lot on the table as far as tune (spark/AFR) but are probably getting close in the Bullitt.

Max LT1 6.2L NA vs max Coyote Gen3 5.0L NA (both OEM offerings), the Coyote likely has the slight edge, but are close.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote