View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 09:00 PM   #70
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
I'll share a quick story here...

We had a club member blow his engine and roll his car 4 times at the track. This was a 10sec car w/ tons of mods and luckily one of his mods was a roll cage and safety equipment so he walked away. We the club community saw how hard he worked to get his car there and knew the insurance would not cover everything (it did cover the car). We just wanted to help and felt good about doing so even though money was not the object.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 532
Size:  56.2 KB

Now, here's where the similarities come in.

The "members", just like this case wanted to do something to help get him back where he was. The members wanted to feel good about helping out a respected friend. My PM box as well as other mods received comments from many here asking how can I help? Would you provide us an avenue so we can support RJ? This thread was born from members wanting to help a fellow member, and it's awesome. If you don't like it, don't post, because it's not meant for you. I'm absolutely speechless about some of what I just read here.

This is a car forum and RJ is a leader here who has helped out countless folks. If they want to, as someone mentioned, "take him out to lunch" and say thanks "we're thinking about you" then it's their prerogative. This is a simple gesture from the Camaro community and I applaud those who are genuinely concerned about RJ and his situation...