View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 11:14 AM   #1
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
Valve Cleaning Tips?

Hey everyone,

Took the time this weekend to take apart the upper part of the engine and attempt to manually clean the valves of my engine when I started to experience a lot of drivability issues. I started following this thread: https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288997 and am using that PDF as reference.

I have everything torn down, but I'm having the HARDEST time trying to clean the valves. I soaked rags and ran them down, bought a bunch of soft brushes and was trying to scrub. Anybody have any tips that has done this? I can't reach what I feel like I want to reach, and anything that I stick in there to try to clean just seems to get caught and I can't see while messing around either.

The plugs were also awful. So I swapped those out in the process. Just want to get everything completely cleaned up before I put it back together, install my Elite clean side separator to go with my catch-can, and hopefully stop having my driving issues that I've been experiencing. (Stutters, stalls, misfires, backfires)
Attached Images

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote