View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 03:48 PM   #1
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Sealed up intake scoop, increased flow & relocate washer bottle.

Another big shout out to Apex Motorsports for their AWESOME products and THE BEST price! I had pretty much decided that I wasn't going to buy any more parts for my car because I was happy where it was and have a cam & springs sitting on the shelf waiting to be installed, but this thread got me thinking. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166416

I has seen the scoop before, but didn't think it was worth $100 and i didn't want to loose windshield washer capabilities. Then steps in Apex with their affordable bundle of the scoop and a smaller, lighter for under $135 shipped!

I didn't think much of the scoop from the pics online but once installed I really liked it. It really forms a good ram air pathway from the lower front grill. I had previously sealed up my Volant cold air intake and so I sealed all the gaps to make the scoop more efficient. I used aluminum A/C ducting tape and good old regular duct tape. I know what you are thinking, "That isn't going to hold up well.". I know that, I first sealed up my intake about 4 months ago and most of the tape has help up great. I figure I'm going to pull my fender well every few months to get to my filter to clean it and re oil it, so I'll just fix any tape that comes up. The tape not only helps keep all the air going straight to the filter, but more importantly it helps keep all the hot under hood air out. I also increased the airflow by at least 10% by removing the little triangular tab that sticks into the scoops air pathway. I measured the scoop pathway at 19.25 sq inches and the little triangular tab at 2 sq inches. I actually had to remove the scoop to be able to cut the tab a little higher and completely remove it.

The washer bottle relocate was very high quality and wash VERY easy to install. AutoAgenda said that you might only get 3 uses out of this washer bottle before it runs out, but unless you use 5-6 cups of washer fluid per use that is NOT going to happen. In fact I marked where my stock washer bottle level was when I pulled it out (I have never used it so it was still full and I didn't spill any while swapping it out) and the Apex bottle hols more than half of what was in the stock washer bottle holds.

The bottles fill cap also fits PERFECTLY in my Volant washer hole. I only secured it with a crap ton of duct tape for now until I fab up more sturdy way to hold it in place (to be honest I will probably leave it like this to see how long it holds up).

Cost of today's mods: $134.99
Attached Images

SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote