View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 06:19 PM   #1
1Willy1

Drives: corvette z06
2.3 Magnacharged 2010 SS (600 rwhp) vs stock 2013 ZL1 - Which one would you buy?

Hey guys

I have a chance right now to get into a supper low mileage 2010 SS which is making approx. 600 rwhp or a 2013 stock ZL1.

I will lay out the details here to see what you guys think.

-The 2010 SS is approximately $6000 cheaper then the ZL1

-It has less then half the mileage then the ZL1 (14 000 miles)

-Its making quite a bit more power then the ZL1, approximately 600 rwhp

-lastly its my favorite color

Now onto the ZL1:

-its my LEAST favorite color , but I plan to have it wrapped or plasti dipped

-it obviously is newer

-interior is much nicer from what I heard (assuming that's true?)

-its much more beefed up (suspension , brakes , engine internals etc...)

-Aside from the color it obviously looks much better , body additions and vented hood etc...

Ive had my mind set on getting a ZL1 but the prices are not coming down to where id like , so they are still sort of out of my range at this point.

The SS is lighter and making more power, so id be extremely happy with that , but the boring looks really take the passion away from me, but im sure that can be improved with a z28 spoiler kit and some lowering springs.

I already have a beautiful set of auto coutures to go on either the SS or ZL1

So to sum up my issue, I can get the SS which is going to be faster , its cheaper, lower mileage and is my favorite color

Or I can get the ZL1 which is what ive really wanted, but it is more expensive, less powerful, and my least favorite color , but like I said I could plasti dip or wrap it.

What are your thoughts on this ? I know you guys will be somewhat bias towards the ZL1, and I get that , but please keep in mind some of us are on a budget and I may only have this SS for a year or so before I move up to the ZL1.

Thanks so much in advance
1Willy1 is offline   Reply With Quote