View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 04:07 PM   #86
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado57 View Post
Sometimes I have to wonder about the people that bang American cars in general and GM products specifically. For the last 35 years we have bled nothing but Chevy bowties and have put over 1.4 Million miles on 11 Chevrolets. We buy them and keep them until the wheels fall off. Only 1 was actually traded in on another Chevy. Two were totalled.

In all those cars and all those miles we have had only 2 OEM parts fail on the road - a water pump on an 89 Caprice and a fuel pump on a 2000 Silverado, and both at high mileage. They have all been solid, reliable vehicles and we get our money's worth out of every one. I've wanted a number of muscle cars over the years and I'm glad the Camaro is my first. We plan to keep it for a long, long time.

We bend over backwards to buy products Made in USA - cars, motorcycles, tools, appliances, clothing, you name it. It's not always easy and it's not always cheap. But we want to help keep Americans working and our economy strong. We're sorry to hear about the plants closing and all those people being laid off. We hope that GM will bounce back and be able to put those folks to work again.
Yep...I can't figure out this new anti Americanism. I've never seen it before. They won't be happy until all products are made overseas and America is totally dependant on products made elsewhere. They'll figure it out just when its to late.