View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 04:24 AM   #1
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Wink Back in love with my 5th gen ZL1 after comparing to others

This weekend I went to see the new 6th gen ZL1, and while I was there I test drive a Stingray and saw a 6th.gen 1LE there. This are my impressions compared to my 5th gen ZL1:
1. The 6th.gen ZL1 looks amazing, except that the rear is difficult to distinguish from a regular SS. There is no way that I could fit confortable on the new Recaros (1LE has the same) compared to the prior Recaros on my 5th.gen ZL1, which are more confortable compared to them.
2. The hood vinyl on the 1LE is fucgly, if I bought the car I would rip it off immediately. They look out of place on the car and look very cheap.
3. 6th. gen's useless rear seat.

After driving the Stingray I found that is an incredible looking car.Because it's lightweight, with better aerodinamics and lower to the floor, it feels as fast as our 5th. gen ZL1, even that is N.A. compared to our 5th. gen S.C. ZL1s.
But.
4. I don't consider that it could be a D.D. very difficult to ingress or get out from those seats. My wife probably would hate me because of it, but once seated it felt great, inside the cabin. Our Camaros are more DDs not just weekend toys.
5. By shifting the 7 speed manual transmission you will find that is very easy to miss shift from 4th. gear to the 5th. gear and instead it will go to the 7th gear. For me, this is a bad design issue compared to the 6 speed manual transmissions which feels more logical.

6. No way that the 6th gen Camaro would look better compared to the great looking 5th. gen Muscle car look of our cars.

Thanks to that visit to the dealership I felt completely back in love with my perfect fitting 5th gen ZL1 The only thing that I miss now is the rowing of the shifter involment feel, because mine is an automatic, but is faster and my wife loves the automatic transmission.
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport

Last edited by Bosse'sBoss; 06-12-2017 at 09:56 AM.
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote