View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 09:37 PM   #20
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I don't want anyone to read it wrong and think that a Z28 has been confirmed.

Don't tell people about my secret identity, Captain Obvious, because it will give away my true identity to my enemies.

A lot of people for some reason expected the Z28 to be the LSA or LS9. The problem is that they are expecting it when they should merely be hoping for it. When we put expectations like these on GM, a lot of people get disappointed when the reality is that the Camaro is neither GM's flagship nor the top moneymaker. GM has a lot of other platforms to improve and build before a Z28 becomes a top priority. Hopefully, GM is hugely profitable again in a couple of years, and a Z28 becomes a real possibility. Until then, we should hope, not expect, that GM again builds performance editions, like the Z28.
For some reason I kept thinking about how 'Father mentioned how expensive the LS7 is and it wouldn't be practical for this kind of model - DOAH. Same crank, rods, and some other goodies, LOL! BUT, don't forget the LS7 has CNC ported heads that are totally different than the LS3 head that is roto-cast. That might make up for the cost of the supercharger, also, that means no intake manifold since it's integrated onto the supercharger. HOWEVER, the LS7 doesn't have a dual-mode fuel system, like the LS9 and LSA. BUT, the LSA doesn't need the dry sump system the LS7 and LS9 need. BUT, the LS7 doesn't have oil piston squirters like LS9 and LSA. Pistons are forged in the LS9; bigger head bolts; more head gasket layers; different water pump; nine bolt flywheel with twin disc clutch; blah blah blah...

On second thought - you guys near the $20Ks - I'm with you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfansince73 View Post
I read on Edmunds that the ZR1 can smoke the tires in third gear at 75mph. Who the heck would want to do that in their Camaro??
ARE YOU KIDDING?!!! ME!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote