View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 01:22 PM   #12
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
You and I in the same boat... I can get you an exceptional installer in Sanford who works dirt cheap. Did my cam swap...

Honestly though, I would project another 1k in small preventative parts that would need to be purchased as well. Everytime I have done a big install, I find myself purchasing additional stuff to make that modification have a bit more reliability. Not to mention you will probably dump 500-1k in labor costs even at the cheapest place. Project yourself at 8.5-9k. If you are doing your own install ..still project it at 8.

I will tell you the power adder of the cam wasn't as much as SC obviously... but when you couple that with the sound. I cam glad I did the cam first. That totalled me out at only 4.5-4.7k for everything including LS3 conversion, dyno, install, new lifters, etc etc

If you plan on selling this thing in 3-5 years, then used parts shouldn't hurt. I plan on keeping this car through generations.. cannot bring myself to do anything used.
I remember hearing your car last year at the rally, it sounded great. What is the purpose of a cam and are there any down sides?

Preferably I'd like to do everything at once.