View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 05:57 AM   #1
Cat988h

Drives: Rally yellow 2011 Camaro 1SSRS
4.11 vs 4.33 gears

Hey guys looking to do something about the tall gears in my 2011 SS M6. Currently I have MBRP catback, CAI, and ARH with the jannetty 415 tune. I am planning to put the JRE 460 or 470 cam in the near future. But before that I am planing to do gears. I am thinking about going with the eaton posi mod, JRE billet caps, LPW diff cover, diff bushings and I am also thinking about upgradeing the axels. This car is going to stay NA. and under 500 RWHP. Do you think this setup is overkill? I hear so many stories of blown rearends I want to do it once, and do it right the first time.

I Have been trying to find an awnser on what gears to go with? So far I like the feedback on the Yukons, but are not set on them. Next is what ratio to go with 4.10/4.11 or 4.30/4.33. Keep in mind this is a weekend car and is going to stay NA. I have done many searches and can not find what is the optimal gear for the 1320. I do know that both gear sets will put me into forth gear, with the 4.33 closer to redline so would they be the better choice for street strip duty?? Thanks guys!!!
ATI Super Damper, Katech C5R Chain, Jannetty 470 Comp Cam, Comp Valve Springs, Mellings Oil Pump, Manley Push Rods, Comp Tringion Upgrade, Cold Air Inductions Intake, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w Cats, MBRP 3 Inch Exhaust, RX Catch Can, Eaton Tru Trac, 3.91 OEM, DSS Drive And Half Shafts, LPW Diff Cover,3 Inch Noweeds, Amsoil Z-Rod, Tuned by Jannetty Racing
Cat988h is offline   Reply With Quote