View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 11:50 AM   #11
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT C6 View Post
Well guys. I think the curb weight of the 5th Gen Camaro is the most important variable about the car and will determine how well it sells.
So, yes. I think it should be a sticky.
I agree that the curb weight will be very important for a lot of enthusiasts. However, the majority of buyers aren't like us and aren't enthusiasts...they wouldn't have a clue about curb weight.

I disagree that curb weight should have its own sticky. Here's why. We have a "2010 Camaro Facts" thread which IS a sticky. When curb weight specs are revealed by GM as a fact, the information will be added to the Facts thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT C6 View Post
If it weighs much more than a C5, rear seats would be the only reason anyone would buy a 5th Gen Camaro over a used C5 or C6.
??? WHAT???

If that's the case, and I'm following your logic to a "T," the ONLY reason I and everyone else on this board (and everyone else for that matter) is buying the new 5th Gen is because it has a rear seat.

Sounds a little off, right? I HIGHLY doubt the Camaro would ever reach (let alone beat) the weight of the Corvette....just not going to happen. The reasons people are buying the new 5th Gen over a used C5/6 are far more than weight alone.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote