Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
@gajagfan:

I checked the thread you indicated.

Very interesting information. I found the following :

Attachment 501851

So it seems that GM indeed offers a different transmission in the CAMARO 1LE

A revised new set of gears in the transmission plus a reduced final drive ratio and all the other minor mods (elimination of hydro pump, reduced unsprung weight, better suspension which aids instantaneous weight transfer and better grip from the tires) can beef up the car sufficiently to achieve the three seconds margin over an equally engined SS which concerned me.

Your observation about this being a "track designed" transmission is also duly noted.
While it might yield quicker times than an SS, it will probably gives up a lot in top speed, which the CAMARO achieves in fifth gear.

I will like to watch the video to which you refer. In drag racing that required extra shift is sure a boomer.

In a bike is not an issue as you race using clutchless shifting technique, but in a car under the stress and excitement of competition it will be easy to botch the upshift and ruin your run.

I think your input is right on the money on this subject, therefore kuddos to you.

Please post the link or URL to the video when you have the chance.

Best regards,

The Flash
I will look for the link, but assume it was a You Tube thing, so I am sure it can be found by anyone searching for 1LE videos on You Tube. As far as top speed, I do not think there will be a difference because the 1LE tranny has a taller 5th gear than the standard SS, and the final drive ration for 5th gear in the 1LE is 2.89 opposed to 2.90 in the SS. Looking at those ratios, I guess the top end could actually be higher in the 1LE, though it might not be by much. I believe the top end is speed related, and not RPM related, so it probably does not matter!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote