View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 08:36 AM   #20
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRISCAM View Post
LOL! Well, if you call 48 "young", then yes I am.

What I have been trying to do is get a gauge of what experienced ZL1 owners might consider to be "Too many miles" on a ZL1 purchased as a used car with (potentially) zero warranty coverage on it-- based on their mature, real-world experiences with their own cars.

I'll be ready to buy in about 3 weeks, after having researched SS models for a year or more.

I appreciate the sincere help from all who replied!
ZLs in the market as well as currently owned examples typically will have low miles in general (there are exceptions but most of what I've seen have been between 3,000 and 35,000 miles, give or take). Its great to pick up a well cared for ZL, that way you can enjoy it longer, and hopefully have few issues to deal with.

But as I'm thinking about it, you'll see more CTS-Vs with high miles. It could be that they were out longer than the ZL1s, and also because Caddys may be driven more regularly as opposed to performance days and sunny days. Its a testament to how well they are built, but with any car for sale there are inherent risks with buying high mileage examples.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote