View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 06:06 AM   #23
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by trcsr View Post
I disagree with a lot of Mr. Blur's comments, but will limit my comments to just a few.

First, GM does not know whether a dealer is good or bad unless they hear from customers experiences. Of course, they are going to hear mostly the bad experiences, but if a certain dealer gets a lot of criticism then GM should pay them a visit.

Also, how can a customer tell whether or not a dealer is a good one or not until he has dealt with them. I have multiple problems with my dealer that supposedly had a good reputation and the owner is very involved with his customers personally. But, as I said, I have had multiple problems with them and they are not solved yet. I am currently debating in the direction to take; GM customer service, BBB, or ?????. I have posted my complaints on several websites and have never received any kind of reply from a GM rep. Also, before someone suggests that I get local opinions, I have posted questions about dealer reputations in this area on several local car-oriented forums and got mixed and inconclusive results.

I am also considering looking into the state Lemon Laws. The last time I was in to the dealer with the latest problem I spent the waiting time researching the Lemon Laws on line. I really like the style of the Camaro, but there are some design aspects I would rather have different, but from my experience the GM Quality Control needs some upgrading.

If I don't get these problems solved or other problems appear I am seriously considering getting a personalized license plate that reads something like "MY LEMON", which would be doubly appropriate since it is painted yellow and has these multiple problems.

Basically, your car has problems, which has very little to do with my post about sales. Your dealer didn't build the car, so if you're considering lemon laws, you should talk to the guys who built your car. It really could be a QA problem, which is why a GM customer service rep responded to your post. If they can determine what went wrong in building your car, they can improve their procedures and make future cars less prone to problems.

Like I said, your dealer is not GM. Your dealer did not build your car in a factory. Your dealer is only responsible for retail sales of cars. If you go to a sandwich shop and don't like the sandwiches, you find another sandwich shop. If you go to a dealer and don't like the services, you find another dealer.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote