View Single Post
Old 12-14-2022, 10:59 PM   #48
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Can't wait to see the pics and be interesting to hear your buddy at the pawn shops reaction. Enjoy that first cruise!!!
You've inspired me to get my 70k mile 1989 GTA back on the road after about 17 years of storage give or take. I've been having a mechanic help ALOT along the way if you would ever like an idea of how many grand$ it takes to do what you've done to yours almost identically. Wanted to do it all myself but with 2 shoulder surgeries, no lift yet, and life getting in the way just decided to bite the bullet and pay some labor$$$. After replacing the tank and entire fuel system wish I would've done the 4th gen swap you did.
Could I ask you a favor with a vacuum routing issue have been having trouble solving pretty please sir? Mice seem to like vacuum lines, thankfully that was all they liked.
The routing for your vacuum line coming off the heater control valve looks the same as my 5.7L. Can you tell me if that runs all the way back to the firewall on the passenger side and goes in there or does it T in somewhere. Been trying to figure out these eaten up and missing vacuum system lines for a while and any help would be appreciated. Please feel free to toss in a pic or send me one if you ever get a chance or would be so kind sir!
Mine once again also has life and runs but clearly still a work in progress then on to my 1988 GTA that has only been setting about 6 or 7 years
Once again much respect and to cool to see that Iroc resurrected, especially with the money they bring lately way more value than a GTA.