View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 05:15 PM   #14
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer778 View Post
WIth the stock tune from Magnuson I am only pulling 415 hp and 402 tq. the only addition at this point is a Magna flow axle back exhaust. It is hard for me to believe that you can get that much more HP from a tune. Can you explain the difference or why the tune is soooooo conservative anybody??
You'll get an easy 20 RWHP with CAI; I'd consider that too Also, know that different dynos' will give different numbers. What tranny do you have? What dyno' was it on? What was the baseline? It seems like most people are getting almost 500 RWHP on a stock LS3 and something like 20-40 RWHP less for L99 cars.

As far as for why so conservative, I'm no employee, nor will I speak for anyone, but I'm sure those canned tunes are there to run safely on our sh*tty Cali' 91 gas. In many other places, one can get 93 at the pump, but not our glorious state. Having said that, they also offer an extra cost warranty so that tune will make sure you're going to have years of trouble-free tire-burning. I'm sure you can get more aggressive fuel and spark tables with a good dyno' tuner and eek even more power out of that car.

JMHO.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote