View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 03:26 PM   #14
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Rad -

You probably know my setup. Not quite on the road yet but getting closer. Approx. 3600 stall which is at the base of the torque plateau.

Hooking is always a trip on these, but once you get the launch technique for that specific converter/motor/trans/rearend/tire/suspension/car nailed down - look out. The auto will be very consistent and just plain fly... Just like you can't wait to get 1st hand info in the new Camaro.
I'm sorry, Bruce, but I missed your setup Regardless, I'll tell you that when I got that '02, I wasn't in love with it, coming out of an M6 LT1 car. However, after I got that stall, and even before getting a relatively good tune it in, it COMPLETELY changed my attitude about auto' cars. One can argue that it's not apples-to-apples since you're changing out the converter, however, I firmly believe that a good matched converter is the best mod' for the dollar for an auto' car. I hope more people will notice and post up their combinations and experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Blackhawk View Post
LOL man I dont remember my shift rpms or mph settings and I lost my laptops adapter. I had them stretched pretty far from stock, but planned on pulling them back a bit in hopes of staying in 3rd longer. It clicks 4th right at the traps and is very annoying.

I personally would stay away from a 4000 with a stock cam, as it doesnt really help because you will be in your powerband around there. With a bigger cam a 4000 would be helpful, especially if you have a higher redline. Im trying to keep my car a sleeper, as much of a sleeper as an SS can be.

For DD with a good tune you will notice it revs a bit higher for normal acceleration, but will still roll on its own at idle. Im not crazy about how it downshifts with a stall due to TM but with Neutral Down Skip turned off, it literally feels like the car will break in half. Fun as hell, but too scary for my wallet.

I really want to get a set of 17"s with a better tire and see where it takes the car. Its seriously a different animal with a stall and traction will not be found on the street.

Ill send you my tune when you get your car. It should be 100% dialed in by then. Im not one of the guys that thinks tunes should be all secretive. I try shit and if it works I let people know. Also check out HPtuners.com, they have a few great threads on 6l80 tuning and although I dont agree with all of it ( a lot is personal preference) as I like an agressive feeling trans, there is a ton of info there you can get anywhere else.
I hear you on the shift timing. It was a real beesh on my car because my 3.23s and that stall were just too loose to duplicate track conditions on a dyno' or even the street. I drove my tuner up the wall because I'd have absolutely no problems on the street, but if I ran on the strip with DRs, I would hit the rev' limiter a few times on the 2-3 shift and it would kill my times. My best time with intake, CB, some suspesion, DRs, and some tranny tuning was a 12.6 @ 109 (3900 lbs. - weight) and that was hitting the rev' limiter. Ironically, after finally bringing my shift MPH down like 4 MPH, I was able to round-out all my shifts, but I never got a new time before getting rid of the car. Anyhoo... that's a different topic

Where do your RPMs remain at under WOT between shifts then?

That TM is a BEESH!!! My tuner accidently left the TM a couple times and between shifts, under moderate throttle, it would intervene to the point that it literally felt like I slammed on the brakes for a moment; it was awful! I hate to loose the protection of the TM, but I risked it and removed all of it. I wouldn't say I recommend it, but if you want all the performance, I think it has to go.

Can you even fit 17s on this car?! That'd be a good way to go; get some sidewall and more bite. Please keep us posted.

That'd be cool if you could send it when it's time!!! Thanks for the offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Blackhawk View Post
Best part was I beat a supercharged Mach 1 to get it. Ill post up the video maybe tomorrow after we win the stanley cup.
NICE!!! I'm sure he wasn't happy about that, LOL! Please post up
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote