View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 01:19 AM   #35
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Like many other people I have a popping sound that comes from my suspension when going up a steep incline (like a drive way) or going slow over speed bumpers and other rough areas. However I have aftermarket sways, end links and springs and have had them for over a year, and I cannot remember if I had this problem before I changed my suspension or not. Either way, it's good to hear other people have a similar issue and not just me.
The only issue you would have with your aftermarket parts that is different from OE is found in the spherical endlinks. Sphericals can make noise even when properly installed. You can trouble shoot that by disconnecting one endlink bolt. This disables the sway bar. CAREFULLY secure the disconnected endlink. Wrap all the sphericals in electrical or duct tape to prevent them from 'rattling' while unloaded. Take a CAUTIOUS test drive to check for noise. Why cautious? Your front sway bar is disconnected creating a drastic change in handling. If this does not alter the noise it is not an endlink. We go back and follow the trouble shooting process.

There is also a possibility the lowering coils could be making a noise. We have seen some points of contact between the lower front coil winds and the OE spring perch in some aftermarket coils. By removing the front tires and inspecting the coils for points of contact or unusual wear in the powder coating you should be able to confirm or eliminate the coils as a source of your noise.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote