Thread: 1LE Badging
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 10:57 AM   #13
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doglife1LE View Post
I would probably just say it's a SS. True car guys/girls wouldn't have to ask what model it is. People who know about the 1LE will know how to spot one.
Agreed....if they are asking if it's an SS then they probably don't know about the 1LE. Now, if I were at a car show and had time to shoot the breeze then I would probably explain that it has the 1LE package and what that consists of. Otherwise if it were mostly in passing I would just go with it's an SS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stt816 View Post
here's what i would do if i got the 1le....debadge the stock ss in the back, and the chevy emblem. Then buy a big ss emblem on eBay (comes off trailblazer/impalas) and put it where the chevy logo used to be and have someone create a 1le logo and put that where the old ss logo used to be...That way people still know it's an SS WITH the 1LE package
I agree with this other than I would use old school SS on the front grill and in the rear and not the newer SS that comes on the trailblazer. I think a small 1LE where the SS is on the rear would be good.

Then maybe you could put another small emblem on the hood along side the cowl or maybe under the Camaro on the fender. Even that might be too much. I would just have to see it.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote