View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 01:21 PM   #48
slowfofo

Drives: slow
You got the wrong guy. I have no connection to them. I was merely stating my experience. The Joey B guy sounds crazy to me. He is all over the place. He admits he cancelled a check just to make a point. He goes on and on about a company (GMS or anyone else) not paying to fix a problem that was created by another part (vender). That seems weird to me. He said:

"Tom, funny how JR just told me last week that even if a new part he installed failed the best he could do was get a replacement part from the company and I would still have to pay for labor as that company would not reimburse him ! WTF really ??? "

It’s always been my experience that if a part fails in a racing incident it’s not covered. That is not a Granatelli thing it is an EVERYTHING. Most warranties read something to like “WE WILL REPLACE YOUR DEFECTIVE PART BUT NOT COVER LABOR." Even not in racing it happens. This happened to me with my first car. WRX with killer stereo. Optima battery was buried in the trunk under 3 amps. Well it failed after 2 months. The stereo shop warranted the battery but charged me the labor to move all the amps out of the way to get to the battery - it was like a 2 hour job. It cost me $100 to get my battery warrantied. I called optima to explain what happened and they said the battery was covered but not the labor. That seemed normal to me even though I was out the $100.

I am not here to fight with anyone – that is not my place and this is not my fight. I respect SSE 4 2SS as a moderator and all he has done for this forum. His words carry a ton of weight. Joey B you seem like you are mad at the world – I mean no disrespect but in your own words Granatelli is trying to help you and you said they are super friendly.

SSE 4 2SS I am not here to debate sorry if I came off the wrong way. I can only speak to my own experience. I truthfully did not understand that TTI is the same as GMS. If that is true then I guess there is something there to what you are saying. Its just confusing because they have different websites and are in different states. In your words - it TTi made teh kit for GMS but you bought a TTI kit. Even if they are teh same kit it seems to me TTi owes you or the person that sold you the kit.??? But again perhaps I am reading this wrong
slowfofo is offline   Reply With Quote