View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 02:07 PM   #80
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
JR -Saw the chassis dyno article with your shop in it. You had the lowest, most conservative correction factor. (.e.g corrected DOWN not up) I see how they say Westech was most accurate, but they have always been super high on corrections.

Robert - I will bet your GMS TT will put out MORE power than advertised.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granatelli View Post
I have not seen the article yet you speak of - I was part of the whole test and debacle. No one really had numbers that were that close to the other guys. Westech is the dyno the magazine guys use all the time - it only seems natural that they say (claim) that dyno to be the most accurate.

My plans are to dyno test my own TT 2011 GS Vette and then go straight to Westech and redo the numbers there. Over all I agree my dyno is conservative and if you make big power here – you will make it everywhere. Better to be conservative then to embellish

Lastly we dyno for Porsche, VW, BMW and Volvo when the cars come into part - Ventura harbor. Our dyno is calibrated every 90 days and certified. For whatever that is worth
Funny you guys talking about this, I have that very magazine here on my desk in Brazil. I use a kindle reader, well the kindle app on my Ipad, but this magazine is the only paper book I brought this hitch... I'm going to read the Dyno article and the Perfect paint article.

As for the certification, It's like the 30,000 PSI gauges we use, it is certified until they release the pressure used to certify it, then it changes...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote