View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 10:03 PM   #4
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFalcon View Post
I'm new to modifying camaros as I only have experience with my 3000gt but i was wondering if i could take the brakes off of a 2014 SS camaro and put them on my v6 RS (Yes a v6 im only 20 and in school but I love my six banger). are they better brakes is something i'd also like to know. Thanks
I have also completed this fantastic modification. If you use the search area you will find a number of very detailed instructions. I printed off everything thing I could find, read everything five time, purchased all the parts, calipers, pads, lines, replacement caliper bolts, fluid and I even changed the master cylinder and the rear dust shields as your V6 ones do not fit the Brembo brakes, either have to cut or replace. I was never one for short cuts so I replaced them as the factory would. From start to finish was the best part of a Saturday.

From a member I purchased the calipers, rotors and lines. I had him send the calipers directly to a powder coater who tore them down, coated them and rebuilt with new seals.

The caliper bolts front and rear are "Torque to Yield" bolts, meaning one time use, some do use them over again but GM recommends replacement, go with the replacement.

I have attached GMs directions, includes part numbers, step by step procedure and torque values.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf ss-brake-kit-for-v6-camaro-specifications-23120542.pdf (2.36 MB, 201 views)

Last edited by Deputy347k9; 06-02-2018 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Added attachement
Deputy347k9 is offline   Reply With Quote