View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 09:57 AM   #22
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

Drives: 2011 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
Hey Joe want to pick your brain about getting true white on my halos and fogs while at fest. Maybe one of your guys can do better than I. I have attempted correction several times without results looking for. Greatest system in the world!! Will be showing the guys at Fast Auto tomorrow!!
I have to say that a majority of our customers use the stock RS halo ring, and our high power LED. Since you are using rings for halos, different rings for demon eyes, and additional rings in your DRLs, color correcting these to get them to look right is important. This is from memory on your setup...I could have some of it wrong.

RGB LED rings are made up of several individual RGB LEDs. The company making them usually does a good job of using LEDs from the same batch for each ring. Every RGB LED has different brightness for each red, green, and blue. That is why "white" normally doesn't look white. It usually has a tint of some color to it. If it is purple-ish, then you would want more green. If everything is at full brightness, then you can't add more green, so you have to back down red and blue.

We'll work with you on this at the fest. We have made some adjustments recently to the firmware which may help as well. We'll be sure to update your system, just so you are running the latest firmware.

This is a feature not found on any other controller system that I am aware of. Let's see if we can get all of your LEDs (three different types on the front) all matching. We can get the underbody and other lights to match after that.
Joe@NightOwlLEDs is offline   Reply With Quote