View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 09:37 AM   #11
2011*Camaro*SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
Gotcha, so it's basically Ofer's set up. Which is plug and play then no wiring splicing correct? At least that's what I recall.

If it is the lights themselves it is weird to see they both went out, that's why I think something came loose. A harness or something.

Good luck, fortunately the bumper is easy to remove, but certainly not something you want to do all the time.

I have had my reverse lights for over a year now without an issue (as have many others). So don't let these bandwagon riders persuade you. It's always the same group of people who come out of the wood work to bash AAC. And I am always one to come out and call them out on the BS. They have no clue the volume of sales they (AAC) have and how many great customer reviews they have.

Again good luck! Let us know what you find out. Test your old lights, one at a time etc. before you button it all back up. I'm sure you know how to trouble shoot it. If not were here to help.
Its the great people like you that remind me there is still hope in humanity. It seems like everyday I see people with nothing better to do than bash on others.

Yeah most of the backup camera is plug and play but you do have to splice once into a wire on the drivers side of the car under that black piece above the tail lights (to draw power) I used a splice connector so I don't see how that would have cut the wire but I have everything electrical taped closed so I wouldn't be able to see. It was weird that they both went out seeing as they are on different connectors (I think) if I remember right the left light is connected to the left tail light and the right to the right. If everything is fine, and I have to take it to the dealer are they going to try and give me crap for having aftermarket tail lights and a non-factory backup camera? I can see it now...Driving 30 miles then getting there and them not doing anything because the lights/camera are not factory.