View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 02:57 PM   #395
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
To smkeeling,
x1smiper3x summed it up quite well, but when I read your comments I couldn't help but think how this is what we REALLY want to do (just not quite so often). We don't intentionally leave anyone out and the Fest WILL continue to move around the country. And thanks for posting your comments in a constructive manner. We may not be able to put one on every 4 months but hopefully it will be close enough were you can attend once in 3 or 4 years.

To answer your first question. The mods decide the location and if you take a look at their locations it's pretty wide spread and which brings a lot of discussion to the table. Myself, I've pushed TX and I'm very happy to see a lot of you would have supported a TX fest. I can assure you I worked this from every possible angle along with Pete and others and it simply wasn't doable this time. This goes for a lot of other locations as well. It's very easy for folks to spout off locations, but it only takes one piece of a huge puzzle to toss it out, such as NOLA. We've actually been called stupid for not choosin it. There is no drag strip there yet.

I invite everyone to go back and READ the OP. I'm very confident, in fact excited, that we made the right choice from what we were left to choose from.
Point 'em out I'd like to punch 'em in the nose!

This will come to NOLA at some point it is inevitabile. I have some lights and a tape measure.

Really I am glad to even have the chance of going. One way to look at this is people must really yearn to be a part of something in this community. Remember when we grow the pie the slices get bigger.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote