View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #18
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony View Post
I have to somewhat disagree on your statement. I to originally thought some of the problems were being overstated and overhyped, UNTIL my 5th bow broke out of the blue and my top, (that I originally rejected getting a new one at the TSB) was fraying and developing holes. My dealer(s) have worked hard on fixing these problems and I think they have been fantastic to work with. However, I still have problems with the top (the quarter glass moulding trim) and GM tech support has had 3 different answers of how to fix this based on other threads. I just want some consistency of answers and guarantee that this top will last longer than the 3/36. I have basically been unable to utilize the car as designed since June 26th, and still waiting.
here's my story short and sweet.
After getting fully involved calling dealer for updates and such. They do not have a top guy in the dealership, so the had to send it to a local shop. After the shop had replaced the top. They couldn't get it adjusted properly. and pretty much said to hell with it and gave it back to the dealership that way. The dealership then proceeded to contact everyone they could about the top and adjusting it properly. Since then I haven't had any issues out of the top.

My dad recently bought a V-6 vert. before bringing it home from michigan (lives in TN). He had becky's top guy take a look at it. the guy noticed something wasn't adjusted right and fixed it right there. He hasn't had issues out of the top.

I fully believe most of the causes are the tops that do break aren't adjusted properly. Which could cause tention and break that 5th bow and cause fabric to rub. Next time I take the car in for anything I'll have them take a quick look to make sure the top is still good. just as a preventative maintenance thing.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote