View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 09:44 AM   #5
Saint Alban

Drives: '14 Black 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee sting View Post
I covered the whole trunk and the rear quarters in fatmat . Got it off of eBay cheaper that there home page . Didn't do the underside of the back seat yet but I may .
As for the drone.. it cut it down a lot around 1800-2000 rpm cruising speeds but its still there . What it did do was make the BA sound system sound so much better.
I know your trying to tone down drone but the mat helps other things as well.
I have pics of the install on the v6 site.
Let me know if you need any other info. Good luck .
Yea, I got mine off eBay too. My initial reason for using the FatMat was for the BA system, now I'm hoping it'll help this as well. I covered the trunk (wheel wells and floor of it), but I didn't have enough to finish the top, where the speakers are, under the trunk lid, and the inner side walls of the quarter panel are untouched, so is underneath my battery because I was gonna do that last. I would've been pissed off if I had went with Dynamat because I was looking at their trunk kit but it was more expensive, a little less square footage, and thinner. I understand they're probably the top name but I just didn't want to spend so much. I only drove it for a few minutes before installing the FatMat, so I'm not sure how much drone I've already dampened, hoping I'll decrease it more when I lay the rest of the FatMat I've got with the Ensolite on top of that, which should be delivered this weekend from RAAMaudio Inc.

Can you post the link to your install?
Saint Alban is offline   Reply With Quote