View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 06:53 PM   #1
67camaro99
Account Suspended

Drives: 67, 69, 99 +2010
Getting Rid of my Camaro .... (not an ad)

SO, I finally made the decision that I am going to be selling my CAMARO. From the time that they stopped production on the 4th Generation... I highly anticipated the 5th Generation. Once I saw the prototype in LA in 2006 (a red one), I knew I had to have it...
VIN 11847....
Well, sorry, but it did not live up to expectations... the power is not overwelming, (maybe shoulda got the 6M?)
Quality issues left and right...
A Pillar trim, POOR fit and finish on interior door to dash panels, Incomplete ambient lighting, Wheels Weights on Brembo brakes, Lose Spoiler Nuts, Emergency Brake Handle that feels incomplete... (try squeezing it), after only one summer my Air Cond feels like it needs to be recharged... a warm 80 degrees this past Saturday, and I had to air out the car, til the car cooled to a reasonable temp, never got cold, Body Gaps that in my opinion are bigger than they should be... Tire/Rim combo that doesnt hold the air...

I know will probably get flamed for posting such negativety on "the great one", but trust me people, its not. Perhaps many of you are first time new car buyers, or have a glaze over your eyes that GM, Camaro can do no wrong... but quite frankly for 36k, I would expect so much more... (not a car that feels as if it would see 10years, due to poor craftmanship)

I am sure a camaro is in my future... after all in my 39 yrs of life, I have owned more than 10, but this is one that I can say I am not sad to see it go... I will get a used one down the line... that way, when I pay 18K, I know that I have bought a used car, and should expect issues...