View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 05:54 PM   #13
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY View Post
Don't take any safety advice from me please. I am not as they say, "risk adverse". I literally have over a thousand patrols and a hundred gun fights and the majority of those all I had was my beard and ball cap to protect my head.

I still stand by my earlier statements about the rules and modern cars but don't want to argue.

You did bring up a great point though. Brain injuries suck ass. I have solid brain damage from TBI's and it is a life changer. I would consider mine minor compared to a bunch of my guys that were put out for it or are so bad that they can't put them out till they recover a little more. After a head injury NOTHING is the same. So please, don't be like me. Do everything you can to protect and preserve your brain health. If that means wearing a helmet in your Honda to go to Walmart cause it is a sub 14 second car, then it is worth it. I wouldn't wish this crap on a broke leg dog.
I gather from your post you are either military or LEO. Thank you for your service and I am very sorry you now live with TBI.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote