View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 06:41 AM   #33
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickb203 View Post
Hi All,

New member here. Any chance we can get a request to the right people? How about they recruit/open the unveiling up to all the 69 pace cars as a reunion? The '69 to '09 forty year story must be on their minds. As a BB 69 pace car owner..I'd be willing to drop some big gas $ to get it there for this event....
Rick look at the show logo and registration page again, right under "Back at the Brickyard", it says:

Camaro/Firebird Gathering & Chevrolet/Pontiac Pace Car Reunion

Looks like we've got you covered , I'll be there working the show with my '67 so bring yours out. Just a note, even though it says Chevrolet/Pontiac Pace Cars we'll not turn away any GM Pace Car. We've got at least one person bringing an awesome SSR Pacer that was used at several NASCAR events.

There is a thread here going with some more info:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2192

Mike L.
C.I.C.C. Member

P.S.
Also Rick I think you may be on to something. I went to the unveiling of the pace car(s) for the 500 this year. The 'vert 'vette is done in silver and black (lime green trim instead of red though) to commemorate the Corvette first time as a pace car in '78, 30 years ago. So they just may do something like that since the Camaro did pace the race in '69. Of course that wasn't the first year Camaro paced the race, and they have done the white/orange stripe thing again in '97. So it wouldn't bother me if they did a white/blue theme, but I AM somewhat biased

Last edited by MLL67RSSS; 05-15-2008 at 06:56 AM. Reason: ad P.S.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote