View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 05:08 PM   #47
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
well said, well spoken

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyDoc View Post
Honestly, most dealers (not all) pay their "oil guys" next to nothing for doing an oil change and the faster they do it, the more they make. They rush the job and are not exactly careful when moving the cars. In my experience, they do not seem to care about the cars the way many of us do. The dings that have been put in many of my cars have come from a dealer employee. The dealer has always denied it and that walk around sheet they filled out did not amount to damn thing. The oil stains on my carpet, door panel, fender/front fascia/hood, steering wheel, seat, and anywhere else the guy chose to touch took me longer to clean up than doing the oil change myself...which I do. I've brought such "inattentiveness" up in the past and asked that it be cleaned off. I've gotten responses, such as "Your kidding, right?" I see the dealer only when necessary.
As inconvenient as it is, I agree with you completely. I always do my oil change myself. I don't want to see a guy with oil pouring down his arm go sit in my car, which I have seen. I have found oil on the door panel, steering wheel and shifter. Also if they strip your drain plug, pour in the wrong weight of oil, anything. you can only blame yourself because you agreed to let someone else do it. Adios
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote