View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 10:47 PM   #12
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Thanks for the feedback guys! And Tag is correct on the Sunoco inspiration. Perhaps I should tell the story of what started this...

I was a huge fan of the old Penske/Donohue Sunoco Camaro's and Ferrari's. I loved the deep blue and Sunoco orange/yellow combination. My first idea was to come up with a modern variation based on the Sunoco theme, which was a close to full race look with numbers just like Mark Donohue's old cars. Then I pulled the race logos/numbers off and played around with that look. Then I studied the Donohue Sunoco Ferrari 512 and added the polished metal lower area his Ferrari had (I couldn't figure out how to get a polished metal look with Adobe Illustrator so it's kind of whitish but you get the idea). I kept subtracting, modifying until I came up with the first image I posted in this thread.

Based on the feedback I've done a shot without the red RS logo which makes the front cleaner and now that I've looked at it, I like it better that way (thanks to those who suggested it!). I've done one without the white tire lettering; one without the wheel pinstripe; and finally one with only the hockey stick.

They each have their own appeal which is why it's been hard to decide which way to go. Maybe if everybody sees the flow of ideas and inspiration behind the varioius looks they can get a better idea of what I was trying to do.

I appreciate the feedback everyone!
Attached Images

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote