View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 02:00 PM   #1
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Running wires through door to body harness

Choose the appropriate size drill bit (not too big, not too small). I forget now which size I used, sorry. I suggest doing the passenger side first as there are more unused pins on that side. Also, all my pictures are from the drivers side.

Slide the "lock" up on the body side connector to release the harness.

Pull up the orange slide on the door harness and then press the clips on the sides to release it.

Now you have room to drill both. I cut the zip tie on the door harness and removed that boot to make it easier to work with. I also had to remove the top boot (big pain to work with, beware) to cut a hole to run the wires into the cab.
On the top of the door connector, see pictures, there is a blue wire that is not used (there is no wire on the body side connector). That's where I drilled and ran my wires.

I used a 14gauge solid core wire to pull the wires from the door, through the boot and into the cab.

When re-connecting the harnesses just be sure and keep some tension on the wires so they don't get kinked in there.
Also, after you've got your wires ran and the connectors back together VERIFY THE DOOR HINGE (it moves into the door when closed) DOES NOT CATCH ON ANY WIRES! Mine did and a wire got pinched or broken and I had to fix it after I put it all back together, that sucked.