View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 08:55 AM   #21
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian 1LE SS View Post
Not for someone who knows what they are doing. Sreet tires are not that sensitive to air pressure changes.
Maybe dogging cones (J/K those were my roots too.)

For the sake of the general public (the majority here) I do not recommend anyone try a 13psi higher pressure in the rear tires of a high HP rear drive car during the coldest part of the year on a summer tire only. I would venture to guess 95% that will read this have yet to turn a lap in a lot or on a track in their respective cars.

Your suggestion for "someone who knows what they are doing" applies to the other (est.) 5%.......And if they know what they are doing they are not coming on here asking for advice about what pressure to run in there car on the street.

Edit: To answer the OPs question, I would run what the OEM recommends as the pressure for normal street driving. Very general rule of thumb: Higher in the rear will help the car "rotate" (over steer) while lower PSI in the front will help the front tires turn in (traction)......Again that is general as tire design, side wall, rim width, suspension all come into play.

15 years as a road course driving instructor, chief driving instructor and road racer with track records in my classes has led me to my opinions in regards to car set-up....

-Matt

Last edited by Dropspeed; 01-09-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Dropspeed is offline   Reply With Quote