View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 11:15 AM   #9
TheInfamouSS
@LS.ACE

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 2SS/1LE
And So They Begin...

Now it was time to start modding my car. My original plan here is to eventually go with an ECS Kit for the '18 season and build off of that. When I got the dreaded p0641 code, I sold the Roto Fab intake that I had on the car and returned everything back to stock just in case I wasn't able to find the solution myself and have to walk into some dealership I've never dealt with before. Since I was lucky enough to figure out my problem (put a whole bunch of miles on it even to make sure), I decided to reach out again to the one and only Dyno Steve to get some more of his great deals and excellent customer service. I ended up purchasing Stainless Power 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers w/o cats, a Cold Air Inductions CAI intake this time, and one of his SCT x4 Programmers with free tunes for life deals.

Now I like doing work on my cars, but if you can't tell by the pictures I don't really live in the most ideal place to do so at the moment. I live on a hill, and there is only one parking spot that is even close to level and that is the end spot, which is a little bigger than the rest leaving just enough room to do work on the car. A few friends of mine had dealt with a shop that is pretty local to me and told me to reach out to the guy and at least see what price he would charge me to install the headers, I might be surprised. Surprised was an understatement. He gave me an unbeatable quote to install my headers and fix my little picky issues I had with the exhaust.

I had already installed the Cold Air Inductions Intake prior to going, and had a new e-mail tune already sitting in the car from Dyno Steve as soon as the car was done. All I can say is WOW! The addition of the headers made this thing sound like a whole different animal. The 1 7/8" headers to full 3" Stainless Works exhaust gave the car the true muscle car sound that I was looking for. Has a nice rumble at idle, and once the RPMs start to go up the car just screams. Not to mention Dyno Steve really has the e-mail tunes on lock. Great guy to deal with all around, and I would recommend him to anyone. I'm really hoping it clears up a few weeks before I end up going Forced Induction so I can at least make a couple passes and post up the results, but we will have to just wait on mother nature and see.

I would like to thank Jerry from Jerry's Speed Shop in Fords, NJ for doing the header install and fixing my exhaust. The prices you have for the amazing work you do are unbeatable, and your customer service is amazing. Ever since I came to you for the header install, you have always been there to answer any questions and help point me in the right direction as I move forward through this build. Being able to find a shop that I can trust with my car makes me feel at ease, and helps decrease my downtime during the season with my work schedule. Anyone that lives in the area that is looking for a reputable, clean shop that does great work, contact Jerry and I know he would be glad to help you.

So here is what she looks like now with the headers and new intake installed. I will be posting sound clip videos as soon as I get some parts back I needed to send out for my build.

Name:  CAI And Headers - 1.jpg
Views: 2337
Size:  182.3 KB
TheInfamouSS is offline   Reply With Quote