View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #110
solo40oz

Drives: My wife crazy
Nice post Scott.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I continually remind myself that much of this behavior is driven by passion. I’m also not naive enough to believe that it’s all passion. It stuns me to see remarks turn into a ‘contest’ of sorts to see who can hurl the best ‘insult.’ I don’t know when this became proper behavior in our society – but in my book, it’s improper and some people should be ashamed. Frankly, I’m more inclined to take opinions from well thought out posts than one that utilizes bad language and insults.
I agree - it is sad. I blame this on the general negativity presented by the media, as well as the internet - people seem to feel it's ok to bash away when they're typing away at the computer. In most situations, I doubt these people would say these things if the conversation was in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
“…..this car should come in at 40K!...” (even though we’ve not discussed price as of yet—and frankly, 40K is as attainable as me being elected as President of the United States……….)
Be careful, there are probably several people on this forum that would vote for you as President (btw - if that does happen, can we get a z/28 priced at $40k?)
solo40oz is offline   Reply With Quote