View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #6
SS785

Drives: Camaro SS
People who work underneath you represent you at all levels. That's how it works in responsible organizations.

It doesn't matter if you work in GE, Boeing, the military, McDonald's (or insert franchise), when you don that work uniform, to others, you represent that brand whether you like it or not. If issues arise, usually someone within customer service steps in and helps take care of the problem. Why should GM be any different?

I agree that a local dealer doesn't represent the whole organization, just a part (they do have the brand plastered all over it). However, when that part fails and all GM CS does is refer you back to the dealer, what is one supposed to believe of that organization? What if you don't have another dealer nearby or if the next dealer is also poorly run? Is it your fault for buying the car? What if this was your first Chevy or you bought it out-of-state from a great dealer and now you have a bad one (all C5 scenarios).

In my own case, I went to a couple of dealers, called CS and nobody wanted to recognize a mfg. issue, and more importantly, fix it. As a customer, it's amazing how difficult it is to contact your local GM representative or area manager who can usually address issues more directly. Taking care of your customers is so simple in retaining and regaining future sales that I don't understand this logic. A $400 fix on a $30K+ car is nothing. My GM exhaust was twice that.

It's not non-sense to complain here or elsewhere. It is non-sense that one has to resort to it to get anywhere while looking to regain marketshare. If a GM CS member is reading this, my problem was never taken care of. You can still change my mind as a customer.
SS785 is offline   Reply With Quote